Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ear Infection!

Tongight I am very very tired. Last night sweet little Owen was up all night long with horrible ear pain. He would just scream and cry and kick his little feet! I felt horrible no matter what I gave him or tried to do to soothe him it just didn't work. So off to the doctor today with an ear infection that did perforate the ear drum. He is feeling better now I think since alot of yuck is out of his ear! He just went to bed and I hope and pray we get some sleep tonight. Sunday and Monday we were up almost every hour!!! So I hope everyone had a good night because I am going to bed!!!

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Leslie! My youngest was my first child to get an ear infection. I just thought that my kids didn't get them, so I was surprised when she did. Her ear drum burst, too. I took her to the doctor. He wasn't surprised and said that's normal and it should make her feel better. I'm a non-antibiotics (if I can help it) type of person, and the newest thinking is that antibiotics doesn't make ear infections go away any faster. If anything, they can cause recurrent infections. I just let her sleep in bed with me and tried to keep her upright so her ears didn't pool up. Ibuprofin helps, too (better than Tylenol). I hope I'm not sounding like a know-it-all. Hope Owen feels better! Poor little guy:(