Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I really don't have much to say tonight. I had to go into work for a very very long meeting this morning (even though I am on vacation) so it took up pretty much my whole day! Owen has a little cold so he was clingy and crabby! You have to love winter time! I am having a slight problem. I had mentioned this before I think I need to break him from his binky (pacifier). We had successfully taken it away from him during the day and he only got it at night. Somehow he managed to get it back all the time! I LOVE the binky! It makes him happy when he is sad, it makes him content when he is tired, he plays with it when he is happy! I just don't know how to take that comfort away!!! I would love any tips that all you great moms out there with kids and more experience. I think it is a controversial topic. Some people told me to keep it longer some say take it away now! Please anyone help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks! Have a great night!! I hope to get some help! I'm desperate!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think he's too cute for you to take his binky away...:-) see you tomorrow!

Maria said...

Loved seeing you on Amy's blog! But anyway, my first daughter had a pacifier until she was 4! I know ridiculous. I think we just told her she had to be done with it, and she agreed. Next I had my son. I was afraid the same thing would happen, so I never really gave him one. Then, with my third son, I forgot about my daughter having it so long, and he loved it too, so he had it until he was about 3! I tried everything, including bribes. He just cried for it. Broke my heart. BUT, that only lasted about 1 or 2 days. Then he was fine. The problem was that he was a late talker because of it and had to go to speech class. Now he's in first grade and the speech teacher said he's doing so well that he doesn't need to go anymore. So I guess it didn't really affect him as much as I thought it did. Now my youngest, I didn't give it to her very much, so she was never attached. Babies love their pacies! It makes them feel good! If you're concerned, try limiting it. Like only when he's sick or at bedtime. Good luck, and sorry this was so long!

mayorofcrazytown said...

Hey girl. I thought about you guys all weekend and was sorry that I wasn't there. I am glad it was fun. About the paci-my pediatrician at the time gave me the best advice ever. He said that they wouldn't go to school with it and he was right. My son got embarrassed about it at one point and then just didn't pick it up again. (My daughter on the other hand would probably still take it everywhere with her just for the attention. She is just a little different.) Good luck. I think he'll lay it down when he is ready. Stephanie